Thursday 27 February 2020

Change in Life


Last year I had the biggest 12 months of change in my life. I’ve never experienced such growth, such love, such learning, and such interesting hobbies taking form. And I owe all that change in my life to my Family being there alongside me for the good, the bad, and the weird. We learned how to navigate our lives, and that’s a powerful thing to be able to show off to people. And when I say show off, I really mean it shows in our demeanor and lifestyle. It’s so easily identifiable as pure happiness and confidence and love, and we owe that to our willingness to learn from one another, apologize often, and always thank each other every single day for the love we exhibit.

And so I’m starting to look at the rest of my life in phases. It could be a year, it could be a month’s worth of change (like my last month at the new job where I learned more than I ever have in such a short time span). Whatever the case, I’ve learned to look at my life in phases of growth. And I feel like that helps me reflect on those phases and recognize them as they happen, it helps me to prepare for the next phases, and to make new goals for the inevitable growth that is bound to happen.
 This translates awfully well to buying things online too, weirdly enough. When I order a few boxes of new records for myself after a particularly amazing month to reward myself, you can bet there’s supplies strewn about my apartment. Heck, I also celebrate with tons of candy boxes as well. And this is the best thing about a life of growth phases: rewarding yourself truly feels like rewarding yourself. It feels almost as if you’ve earned an actual trophy or reward, and now you’re reaping the rewards of such a huge “win” in your life.
So shipping boxes or not, candy boxes or veggies, big growth or small, all you need to do for enacting positive change in your life is get up, think about things in a new perspective, and appreciate where you’ve come from. If you can reflect on what you did last year, learn from those things, and do better next year, that’s all that matter. Because that’s showing true cognizance about yourselves, true reflection on where you’re going next, and true love for yourself. It’s showing you love yourself enough to try to change for the better. And when you realize that fact, the fact that you’re doing that for yourself, you’ll be addicted to the feeling. It’s such an amazing feeling that you’ll never turn back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment